UN Climate Change Summit 2010, Cancun (Mexico)
In December 2010, government representatives from across the world met in Mexico to assess progress on tackling climate change. Oxfam was there, to campaign hard for funds to help poor people adapt to the effects of global warming and for a radical reduction in emissions.
- 27 February, 2014, 13:24 GMTWhen customers speak, businesses listen. It’s an old adage in business that Oxfam and its supporters tested to see if this would be true on issues of sustainability and human rights.We launched the Behind the Brands Scorecard a year ago, to highlight issues in the supply chains of the...
- 25 February, 2014, 23:01 GMTIt’s not only Diana Ross who is left singing “upside down you’re turning me…” In the last twelve months Oxfam and hundreds of thousands of people around the world have joined together to shake-up the way the food and beverage industry impact people and planet. And it’s working!...
- 11 February, 2014, 0:00 GMT“The promise is more binding than the debt.” African proverb As I write this blog, over 810,000 people are in need of immediate food aid in northern Mali and in total there are around three million people, over half of whom live in northern Mali, at risk of having nothing to eat in the coming months.
- 24 January, 2014, 18:23 GMTOn 1 June 2011, Oxfam launched the GROW campaign to tackle the injustice of 900 million people going to bed hungry every night. The campaign now works in more than 50 countries around the world and at the international...
- 20 December, 2013, 10:08 GMT267,000 actions. 1100 photos. 60 countries. 1 ask: PepsiCo and Associated British Foods - make sure your sugar doesn’t lead to land grabs!In November we partnered with photo sharing app EyeEm to ask you to Stand for Land by taking a photo of your feet in your favorite place and stand in solidarity with those affected by land grabs,...
Oxfam International | 29 Nov, 2010
A giant message in a bottle from millions of the world's poorest people washes up on a Cancun beach. Oxfam is calling for aclimate fundto be established in Cancun to help poor communities adapt to a changing climate and to help pave the way to a fair ambitious and binding global deal to tackle climate change.
Find out more about Oxfam's work at UN climate summit 2010 in Cancun, Mexico
Credit: Ainhoa Goma/Oxfam