By entering and using this website you are deemed to accept the provisions in this policy.
This policy applies to all the pages hosted on this site. It does not apply to pages hosted by Oxfam’s affiliates, linked organizations, partners, or to other organizations to which we may provide a link and whose privacy policies may differ.
Please read the following to understand how your personal information will be treated. The policy may change from time to time so please check back periodically.
This policy will answer the following questions:
- What information does Oxfam International collect?
- How is your information used?
- Does Oxfam International share your information?
- How secure is the information you give us?
- How can you access, correct or delete your data?
- How do you opt out of receiving messages from Oxfam International?
- How does Oxfam International protect children's privacy?
- How can you find out more about your rights under the Data Protection Act?
Our security measures and this policy are reviewed on a regular basis. If you have any questions relating to this policy, please address them to:
Oxfam International Secretariat
266 Banbury Road
Oxford OX2 7DL
Telephone: +44 (0) 1865 339 100
Fax: +44 (0) 1865 330 101
If you are not satisfied with our response to your concern: you may wish to contact the Information Commissioner's Office.
We collect personal information (including demographic and personal profile data) as volunteered by you in registration forms, subscriptions, campaigns and e-actions. However, you can access our web site without disclosing any of your personal data. Oxfam International also collects the following (non-identifying) information:
- the internet domain and IP addresses from which you access the website
- the type of browser (for example Internet Explorer or Firefox)
- the operating system you use (for example, Windows, Macintosh)
- the date and time of your visit
- the pages you access
Oxfam International also collects personal information Oxfam International may place internet “cookies” on your hard drive. These cookies may save data about you such as your name and the pages of the website that you viewed. You may decline, disable or delete the internet cookies while visiting the website by activating the relevant browser setting. However, doing so may affect the website functionality.
Oxfam International uses the information to help us understand more about how supporters use our site and to make improvements. We also use the information for marketing purposes such as sending you our e-newsletter. If you have subscribed to the Oxfam International e-newsletter you will receive it by email on a monthly basis.
The information you provide will not be sold or rented nor will it be shared with third parties unless we have your permission, are required to disclose the information by law, or in the following circumstances:
- Oxfam International may share your personal information with its affiliates and linked organizations, who may then use your personal information in connection with their activities. These are:
1. Affiliates - Oxfam America, Oxfam Australia, Oxfam-in-Belgium, Oxfam Canada, Oxfam France, Oxfam Germany, Oxfam GB, Oxfam Hong Kong, Intermón Oxfam (Spain), Oxfam India, Oxfam Italy, Oxfam Japan, Oxfam Ireland, Oxfam Mexico, Oxfam New Zealand, Oxfam Novib (Netherlands), and Oxfam Québec.
2. Linked organizations (working toward full affiliate status) - Oxfam Japan and Oxfam Italy.
- With your permission, Oxfam International may also share your information with other organizations with similar aims and objectives.
- The disclosure of your personal information discussed above may involve the transfer of that information outside of the UK and European Union. Countries outside of the European Union, such as the United States, may not have data privacy laws as strong as those in force in the European Union.
Oxfam International uses industry standard efforts to safeguard the confidentiality of your personally identifiable information, such as firewalls and Secure Socket Layers. We make every effort to protect the loss, misuse, and alteration of the information under our control. However, no data transmission over the Internet can be guaranteed to be 100 percent secure.
Website User Accounts
If you have created an account on our website, you can access, correct or delete your personal data by logging in to your user account and making the necessary changes. You should promptly update your personal information if it changes or is inaccurate.
We will only send you emails if you have given us permission to contact you about Oxfam International’s work. We do not send out random, untargeted emails (spam). Any emails we send you will enable you to opt-out of receiving further emails from us. We will clearly state whether we received your details from an organization who recommended you to us.
The safety of children is very important to us. No information should be submitted to or posted at Oxfam International by children without prior parental consent. All applicable laws are followed with respect to data collection from children. No sharing of data collected from children with any third parties is permitted at any time under any circumstances.
The collection and use of personal information on this site is in accordance with the Data Protection Act of 1998 (UK), and the guidelines of the Direct Marketing Association (UK). The DPA applies to all data held within the European Economic Area (EEA). More information can be found at the Information Commissioner’s Office.
Terms and Conditions of Use
Use of this site is provided by Oxfam International subject to the following Terms and Conditions.
1. Your access and/or use of the Website constitutes acceptance of these Terms and Conditions as at the date of your first use of the website.
2. Oxfam International reserves the rights to change these Terms and Conditions at any time by posting changes online. Your continued use of the website after changes are posted constitutes your acceptance of these Terms and Conditions as modified. You should therefore review these Terms and Conditions regularly.
3. You agree to use the website only for lawful purposes, and in a matter which does not infringe the rights, or restrict, or inhabit the use and enjoyment of the website by any third party.
4. The website and the information, names, images, pictures, trade marks regarding or relating to Oxfam International are provided “as is” without any representation or endorsement made and without warranty of any kind whether express or implied. To the extent permitted by law, Oxfam International excludes all liability for any loss or damages including, without limitation, indirect, special or consequential loss or damages, or any loss or damages whatsoever arising from the use or in connection with such use or loss of use of the website, whether in contract or in negligence. Nothing in these Terms and Conditions limits or excludes Oxfam International’s liability for death or personal injury resulting from negligence, fraud, or any liability which cannot be excluded to applicable law.
5. Oxfam International does not warrant that the functions and materials contained in the website will be: uninterrupted or error free; that defects will be corrected; that the website, or the server that makes it available are free of viruses or bugs; or represent the full functionality, accuracy and reliability of the materials.
6. All intellectual property in the website and the material or information it contains (including without limitation copyright, designs, database rights and trade marks (registered or unregistered) is and shall remain the property of Oxfam International or its third party licensors.
Commercial use or publication of all or any item displayed is strictly prohibited without authorization from Oxfam International. Nothing contained in these Terms and Conditions shall be construed as conferring any licence by Oxfam International to use any item displayed.
Materials in the website may be copied for personal use only on the condition that all copyright notices and source indications are also reproduced, no modifications are made and each relevant item is copied in its entirety. However, some materials have been published on the website with the permission of the relevant copyright owners (who are not Oxfam International). All rights are reserved on these materials and permission to copy them must be requested from the copyright owners (as indicated within these materials).
7. Oxfam International takes no responsibility for the content of external internet websites. Following links to any other websites or pages shall be at your own risk and Oxfam International shall not be responsible or liable, directly or indirectly, for any damages resulting from the use of such other websites.
8. Any communication or material that you transmit to, or post on, any public area of the website including any data, questions, comments, suggestions, or the like, is, and will be treated as, non-confidential and non-proprietary information. Oxfam International reserves the right to remove any such communication or material from the Website at its own discretion.
10. These Terms and Conditions shall be governed and construed in accordance with the laws of England and Wales. Any disputes shall be subject to the non-exclusive jurisdiction of the Courts of England and Wales.
11. If these Terms and Conditions are not accepted in full, the use of the website must be terminated immediately.