Oxfam Trailwalker is one of the world's toughest charity team challenges and one of the most rewarding.
Teams of four have to walk – or run – the 100 km course in a limited time in all weather and some rough terrain. But it’s not just a physical challenge: participants are also raising money to help overcome poverty and injustice around the world. It’s a life-changing event.
Since it began in 1981, tens of thousands of walkers around the world have successfully taken on the challenge: in 2012 over 22,000 people will have collectively walked over 2.2 million kilometers (the same distance as walking around the world 55 times!), becoming great ambassadors for Oxfam's work and aiming to raise over US $18 million. The trails go through some spectacular locations including the mountains around Barcelona, rugged Australian bush, and through a volcanically active national park in Japan, that finishes at the foot of Mt.Fuji.
Oxfam Trailwalker is becoming a global phenomenon with an impressive sixteen trails in eleven different countries and counting. Are you up for the challenge?
Upcoming 2013 Oxfam Trailwalker and Oxfam Trailtrekker events:
- January 25-27 2013: Oxfam India (Bengalaru)
- April 6-7 2013: Oxfam New Zealand
- April 19-21 2013: Oxfam Australia (Melbourne)
- April 20-21 2013: Intermon Oxfam (Spain)
- May 10-12 2013: Oxfam Japan
- May 25-26 2013: Oxfam France
- June 1-2 2013: Oxfam GB (North)
- June 14-16 2013: Oxfam Australia (Brisbane)
- June 15-16 2013: Oxfam Ireland
- July 27-28 2013: Oxfam GB (South)
- August 23-25 2013: Oxfam Australia (Sydney)
- August 24-25 2013: Oxfam Solidarity in Belgium
- September 7-8 2013: Oxfam Germany
- October 18-20 2013: Oxfam Australia (Perth)
- November 15-17 2013: Oxfam Hong Kong
- November 15-17 2013: Oxfam India (Mumbai)