Challenge yourself and challenge poverty in the ultimate teamwork test.
Your team has to walk 100 kilometers in a limited time - usually 48 hours - in all weather and across some rough terrain. You must work together to all complete the distance within the time. It's a true test of teamwork and determination and for those that make it the sense of achievement is immense.
This is not just a physical challenge though, you will be raising money to overcome poverty and injustice around the world and at the same time acting as an ambassador for Oxfam's work.
There are sixteen trails to choose from in eleven different countries. They go through some commanding natural landscapes including the mountains of Barcelona, rugged Australian bush and through a volcanically active national park in Japan that finishes at the foot of Mt. Fuji.
Since Trailwalker launched in 1981, thousands of walkers around the world have successfully taken on the challenge. Overall, in 2012 over 22,000 people collectively walked over 2.2 million kilometers and raised over $18 million.
If you think you have the team to take on the challenge then take a look at our upcoming events and support resources.
We look forward to welcoming you to an event soon.
2014 Oxfam Trailwalker and Oxfam Trailtrekker events:
- January 24-26: Oxfam India (Bengalaru)
- April 5-6: Oxfam New Zealand
- April 26-27: Oxfam Intermón (Spain, Girona)
- May 2-4: Oxfam Australia (Melbourne)
- May 16-18: Oxfam Japan
- May 17-18: Oxfam France
- May 31 - June 1: Oxfam GB (North)
- June 7-8: Ireland
- June 20-22: Oxfam Australia (Brisbane)
- NEW July 5-6:Oxfam Intermón (Spain, Madrid)
- July 26 - 27 2014: Oxfam GB (South)
- August 22-24: Oxfam Australia (Sydney)
- August 30-31: Oxfam Solidarity in Belgium
- October 17-18: Oxfam Australia (Perth)
- November 7 - 9: Oxfam India (Mumbai)
- November 14-16: Oxfam Hong Kong
Need a push? Check out this new video from Oxfam Ireland's Trailtrekker: