Six months into Pakistan floods: Oxfam thanks supporters
- Autor: Oxfam
- Copyright: Oxfam
- Fecha: 26 Enero 2011
In 2010 Pakistan was hit by its worst natural disaster. More than 1,750 people are thought to have died, with an estimated 18-20 million people affected by the floods.
In the six months since the floods hit Pakistan, with the help of generous public donations, Oxfam has:
- Helped almost 1.9 million people.
- Provided more than 1 million people with clean water.
- Built sanitation facilities for over 860,000 people.
- Provided hygiene kits for over 1.3 million people, and hygiene advice to over 900,000 people.
- Provided financial grants to more than 300,000 people to help them provide for their families.
- Organized cash-for-work programs and provided 118,892 people with money for their immediate needs.
- Distributed 12,000 winter kits -- blankets, jumpers, quilts -- in Khyber Pakhtunkhwa.
- Provided emergency shelter to over 225,000 people.