The G20’s plan to tackle corporate tax dodging, devised by the Organisation for Economic Co-operation and Development (OECD), needs a radical shake up so that developing countries can capture their fair share of foreign business activity, according to a new report published today by Oxfam.
900,000 people in El Salvador do not have access to proper food and 1.5 million people do not have access to drinking water. However, this reality can be changed.
A joint call from the leaders of ActionAid, AWID, Civicus, Greenpeace and Oxfam on the eve of the World Social Forum in Tunis.
This briefing explores some of the solutions for fighting corporate tax avoidance that the European Union should present in 2015, and explains why it is important to adopt them as soon as possible.
Emeli Sande visited Zambia in 2014 to witness some of the challenges that the country faces and how Oxfam is helping to empower women and protect rights to health care and education.
In response to the Forbes Rich List
The declaration of the Surin Islands, on which the Moken live, as a national park in 1981 has been restricting them from using the trees on these islands to build their traditional boats and houses. Restrictions on fishing and foraging have also been imposed.
Rising inequality poses a dire threat to continued prosperity in Asia, where an estimated 500 million people remain trapped in extreme poverty, most of them women and girls.
The combined wealth of the richest 1 percent will overtake that of the other 99 percent of people next year unless the current trend of rising inequality is checked, Oxfam warned today ahead of the annual World Economic Forum meeting in Davos.
Inequality is spiralling out of control, but consensus on how to address it is gathering pace. Following on from the success of last year’s symposium about Africa’s extractives industry and illicit financial flows, Oxfam and the University of Oxford are coming together again to examine the causes and consequences of uneven economic growth and rising inequality in the global South, while assessing policy solutions and charting a way forward for equity, democracy and social stability.