On 15 May world leaders will meet in Brussels to discuss how they can help Mali rebuild itself following the conflict that devastated the North of the country.
The conference is being hosted by the European Union and the French Government and will be attended by leaders from the affected region and from across the world. Oxfam and its partners will be sending the message that decision makers must follow through with real action by providing immediate support for the humanitarian response and committing to funding for the long-term, to help communities working hard to get back on their feet.
Alongside these financial commitments, the meeting must agree on a new way of doing development in Mali – with the Malian Government committing to improving the management of its own resources and donors ensuring that the Government prioritises efforts to tackle poverty and corruption.
Add your voice
You can strengthen our message by tweeting world leaders, using one of the suggested tweets below and inserting a twitter handle from the list. Don’t forget to use #MaliConference" target="_blank">#MaliConference. This will demonstrate to decision makers that publics around the world want to see them continue their support to the people of Mali.
Who should you tweet?
- For European Union tweet @APiebalgsEU" target="_blank">@APiebalgsEU @KGeorgievaEU" target="_blank">@KGeorgievaEU @eu_eeas" target="_blank">@eu_eeas
- For African Union tweet @_AfricanUnion" target="_blank">@_AfricanUnion
- For Mali tweet @PresidenceMali" target="_blank">@PresidenceMali
- For France tweet @Elysee" target="_blank">@Elysee @pcanfin" target="_blank">@pcanfin @francediplo" target="_blank">@francediplo
- For Germany tweet @BMZ_Bund" target="_blank">@BMZ_Bund
- For Ireland tweet @JoeCostelloTD" target="_blank">@JoeCostelloTD
- For Spain tweet @MAECgob" target="_blank">@MAECgob
- For UK tweet @JustineGreening" target="_blank">@JustineGreening