Glastonbury Festival live album: changing the world for refugees in 2016

Coldplay dedicate a song from their Glastonbury set featured on the album. Photo: Julia Kennedy
Coldplay dedicate a song from their Glastonbury set featured on the album. Photo: Julia Kennedy

In the first live album of its kind, world-famous musicians and one of the world’s best-loved festivals stand as one with people forced to flee conflict, disaster and poverty.

The album Oxfam Presents: Stand As One - Live at Glastonbury 2016 is now available for download on all digital sales platforms and Spotify, and to buy on CD on Parlophone.

BUY THE ALBUM HERE

Live from the Glastonbury Festival 2016, artists including Coldplay, Muse, Foals, Sigur Rós and The Last Shadow Puppets dedicate a song from their set recorded for this special album in support of Oxfam’s work with refugees across the world.

The album also features Chvrches, New Order, Madness, Wolf Alice, Laura Mvula, Jamie Lawson and many more who have donated their track and asked their fans to stand in support and raise money for refugees worldwide.

Music stars speak out for refugees and Oxfam

Laura Mvula, who has contributed her song People said: “I’m donating a track because we need to do more about this refugee situation. The world needs to change. It’s one of the most important issues of our generation, we need to come together, we need to figure it out, and I’m glad that music is a tool in order to help get that message across. I need my fans to buy the album, sign the petition and get these world leaders to sort this situation out.”

The album is dedicated to the memory of Jo Cox MP a former Oxfam activist who campaigned tirelessly for refugees. All of Parlophone’s profits from the album are being donated to charity. 75% will go to Oxfam’s refugees crisis appeal in support of refugees worldwide and the remaining 25% will go to the Jo Cox Fund.

Supporting people forced to flee due to conflict, disaster and poverty

65 million people have been forced to flee their homes by brutal conflict and violence, millions more by natural disaster and poverty.

Last year Oxfam delivered aid to almost nine million people - the vast majority of whom were fleeing conflict and disaster. We are responding to the crisis in Syria and neighboring countries as well as in Europe - feeding more than 160,000 people arriving in Lesbos, Greece.

Oxfam and Glastonbury festival have been fighting the injustice of poverty together for a long time. This year, we are combining forces in response to a humanitarian crisis of extreme scale and urgency seldom witnessed in our time.

The album is part of Oxfam’s new campaign to put pressure on world leaders to welcome more refugees, to prevent families from being separated and to keep people fleeing their homes safe from harm.