At any given time, we are responding to over 30 emergency situations. We provide life-saving essentials in the immediate aftermath of a natural disaster and to people affected by conflict, as well as long-term development support. You can help.
Trying to solve poverty is a lot like trying to solve a really hard puzzle.
That's why Oxfam has a new six-sided strategy to tackle it, driven by the power of people against poverty.
- First, we're helping people to claim rights for themselves and make sure they're heard, what we call; Voices for choices.
- Because women are still massively under-represented and often oppressed, we'll strive for gender justice.
- Natural resources are vital for prosperity but we need to make sure that people in poor countries are getting their fair share.
- And when natural disasters strike - or in times of war - we'll be there to save lives.
- We're working to safeguard global food supplies so that people always have enough to eat.
- And we're pushing for more money to go to basic development such as health and education.
With hands on know-how. New ideas. Being bold.
With the power of people against poverty, we can solve this poverty puzzle.
The use of the RUBIK'S CUBE® was kindly allowed by Seven Towns Ltd (who owns all the international rights in the RUBIK trademarks and in the overall image of the RUBIK'S CUBE®).
The Oxfam "Rubik's Cube" videos were designed, produced and shot by blueprint.tv of London, UK.