At any given time, we are responding to over 30 emergency situations. We provide life-saving essentials in the immediate aftermath of a natural disaster and to people affected by conflict, as well as long-term development support. You can help.
Throughout the year, Oxfam continued to support communities in Uganda particularly women to increase their food and incomes and increase assets:
- 680,000 people total beneficiaries reached in the year 2013- 2014;
- 69,723 people supported with appropriate humanitarian assistance;
- 350,853 people supported to increase incomes and food security;
- 19,510 people reached with advocacy messages to influence policies and legislation so that rights of pastoralists– to essential services– are recognized and supported;
- 240,230 people supported to ensure that women and men know their rights and have greater influence on decisions affecting their lives.