Nuestros equipos responden simultáneamente a una media de 30 emergencias en todo el mundo. Además de proporcionamos artículos de primera necesidad a las personas afectadas por desastres naturales o conflictos, también les brindamos ayuda para su desarrollo a largo plazo. Tú puedes ayudar.
European award for refugee and migrant solidarity campaign by Oxfam and Amnesty
A touring exhibition by Oxfam and Amnesty International promoting solidarity with refugees and other migrants has received a prestigious European Excellence Award in Brussels today. The “Museum without a Home”, which showcases items donated by Greeks to migrants, was awarded the best European NGO campaign in 2016.
Responding to the news, Nicola Bay, Country Director of Oxfam in Greece said:
“This award is a strong message that Europe needs immediate and sustainable solutions in dealing with migration. It is also an award for the Greek people for the outstanding solidarity and hospitality they have been showing in very difficult times towards refugees and other migrants. Oxfam calls on European governments to follow the example of ordinary citizens and show real solidarity with people who are fleeing their homes in search of safety and dignity.”
Dimitra Spatharidou, Campaigns & Activism coordinator of Amnesty International Greece, said:
“People across the country have opened their arms, even their homes, and have shown solidarity with some of the world’s most vulnerable people. Now it’s time for the EU governments to resume their moral and legal responsibilities and welcome those fleeing conflict and persecution.”
- The “Museum without a Home” is joint campaign by Oxfam and Amnesty International Greece. It showcases real items donated by Greeks to people fleeing their homes in search of safety and dignity.
- It was launched in November 2016 in venues across Athens, including at the Acropolis Museum. At the same time, the campaign’s website hosted stories and people’s testimonies that touched people’s hearts and encouraged them to become a part of this solidarity initiative.
- Since 2017, the ‘Exhibition of Hospitality’ is on tour. It has travelled to the city of Ioannina in the North-West of Greece, and it was recently hosted at the regional ‘Mikser Festival – Migration 2017’ in Belgrade, Serbia.
- The Jury of esteemed public affairs and politics specialists evaluated the innovation, implementation, strategy and impact of over 200 projects submitted for the European Excellency Awards. Campaigns from all over Europe have received prizes in 30 thematic or geographical categories. Oxfam’s and Amnesty’s campaign received the award for campaigns by “NGOs & Associations”.
- The campaign has already received two Gold Ermis Awards from Greece’s most prestigious advertising and communications body.
Florian Oel | Brussels | firstname.lastname@example.org | office +32 2 234 11 15 | mobile +32 473 56 22 60