At any given time, we are responding to over 30 emergency situations. We provide life-saving essentials in the immediate aftermath of a natural disaster and to people affected by conflict, as well as long-term development support. You can help.
Oxfam's humanitarian policy notes set out our learning on a wide range of issues affecting humanitarian action around the world.
They are the best place to find short summaries of Oxfam's experience and views on global humanitarian issues. The current titles cover subjects directly affecting practical humanitarian action, including funding, coordination, and the sometimes controversial roles of the private sector and foreign military forces - as well as broader issues of concern to humanitarian workers, including disaster risk reduction, peacekeeping, the responsibility to protect and the International Criminal Court.
Our humanitarian policy notes are designed as short summaries - mostly of no more than four pages - for humanitarian practitioners in NGOs, UN agencies and governments, as well as students, researchers and others interested in the rapidly changing world of humanitarian action.
They complement Oxfam's more detailed humanitarian research and policy, and our papers on specific humanitarian crises.
- Humanitarian accountability - English | Español
- Food aid - English | Español
- UN Peacebuilding Commission - English | Español
- The European Union's role in protecting civilians in conflict - English | Español | Français
- The International Criminal Court - English | Español
- Disarmament, Demobilisation and Reintegration - English | Español | Français
- The Provision of Aid by Military Forces - English | Español
- Humanitarian funding - English | Español
- Multi-Dimensional Military Missions and Humanitarian Assistance - English
- United Nations Integrated Missions and Humanitarian Action - English
- Disaster Risk Reduction - English
- Social Protection - English
- The Private Sector and Humanitarian Relief - English | Español
- The Accountability of National Security Forces to Civilians – English | Español
- The Role of UN Peacekeeping Missions in the Protection of Civilians - English | Español
- Oxfam's Role in Humanitarian Action - English | Español | Français
- Civil Society in Fragile and Conflict-affected States - English
- Gender Issues in Conflict and Humanitarian Action - English
- Violence against Women and Girls in Emergencies - English
- Oxfam Minimum Standards for Gender in Emergencies - English
- Conflict Transformation: Transforming cultures of violence to overcome injustice and poverty - English
- Humanitarian Key Facts: There is a woman, a child, a man behind every statistic, and the numbers are very large - English